Working at TIS

The International School of Macao is a rapidly growing school in its 17th year of operation and is the leading school in the community. We offer programs to 1,385 students from Pre–Kindergarten (3 year olds) to Grade 12 and our high school students graduate with Alberta High School Diplomas. TIS also offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB DP).

Approximately 45% of our students were born in Macau, Hong Kong or China and the other 55% come from 40 different countries. Nearly all of our teaching staff is Canadian certified and with our Alberta Education Accreditation we are seeking Alberta certified teachers or those with comparable qualifications.


The International School of Macao features:

  • Small class sizes
  • Daily collaborative planning time
  • A new boarding program
  • Extensive Canadian resources
  • State of the art technology

FAQ about working at TIS

We are seeking innovative and collaborative Alberta certified teachers or those with comparable qualifications.

There is a generous compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience, as well as medical and dental benefits.

Working in Macao

Macao is one of the most exciting cities in Asia, with many new hotels and casinos opening every year. The tax rate is very low (around 3%) and travel possibilities are extensive and inexpensive. Macao has a unique blend of Western and Asian cultures, providing a truly international experience.


Please note that all successful teacher applicants must submit a current (within 6 months) criminal record check including a vulnerable sector check from their home country and their current country of residence. In addition, Macau immigration will also conduct a criminal record check prior to approving a work visa.

For more information about Macao, see our About Macao page.