Dear Parents and Students:
I hope you enjoyed a very nice long weekend. As we welcome the senior high school students back this week, please find some important information below about topics related to the resumption of classes and upcoming events.
1. STUDENT REQUIREMENTS
For the safety of all, the following criteria from the MSAR government must be strictly adhered to by all students and families before a child is allowed to return to the school campus. Every student must qualify for at least one of the following conditions:
- If the student is located in Macau, he or she must have been in Macau for at least the 14 days before classes resume, self-managing and showing no symptoms of the COVID-19 virus such as fever, cough or runny nose.
- If the student is located in Zhuhai, he or she must have been there for at least the 14 days before classes resume, self-managing during that time, showing no symptoms of the COVID-19 virus and have been tested for the virus (Nucleic Acid Test). Proof of the test is required when the student arrives at school; please show the receipt to staff upon arrival.
- If the student is located in Zhongshan, he or she must have been there for at least the 14 days before classes resume, self-managing during that time, showing no symptoms of the COVID-19 virus and have been tested for the virus (Nucleic Acid Test). Proof of the test is required when the student arrives at school; please show the receipt to staff upon arrival.
If the student does not meet one of the above criteria, he or she must not return to the school until the criteria is met. Thank you for your attention to this very important matter and please contact the school if you have any questions.
2. ONLINE TEACHING & LEARNING UPDATE
Our plan is to continue the online learning until the official start date for each grade and division. Once the classes officially resume, teachers will need to focus on the classroom instruction and the online learning in its present form will not continue. Fortunately, we have very few secondary students outside of Macau and so teachers will be able to support them for the remainder of the year in the same way that we support long term absences.
If and when we receive notification for the resumption of classes for the younger grades, we will look to see how we can continue to support our students who are still outside of Macau and unable to return.
3. FAMILY FRIENDLY PROCEDURES
The class resumption guidelines from the MSAR government allow for a ‘Family Friendly’ approach, starting on May 11th. If you missed my last correspondence about this process, here is the link to the application form with the information: Family Friendly Application Form
4. GRADE 12 GRADUATION AND OTHER CELEBRATIONS
We are very happy to be able to celebrate our Grade 12 Graduation this year! The event was uncertain a few weeks ago, but with the resumption of classes, we are excited to announce that the graduation will take place on Saturday, May 30th. The committee is working hard to finalize details and parents can expect to hear detailed information as early as this week. Please know that the event will look different this year because of the safety and health requirements around COVID-19.
We have many celebrations that traditionally take place in the months of May and June. Due to the situation, these celebrations will look different this year, but we will do our best to organize wonderful events. The SK, Grade 6 and Grade 9 annual celebrations will be at the school and modified so that we follow the pandemic safety and health guidelines. Parents can expect to receive more information about each event over the next few weeks. If you have any questions, please contact myself or one of the administration team.
Head of School
自5月11日開始，澳門特區政府的復課指引中允許學校採取「家庭友好計劃」。若您錯過了學校上一封提及家庭友好計劃的信件，請查看以下鏈結獲取訊息：Family Friendly Application Form