Dear Parents and Students:
We are delighted to be resuming classes at TIS Macao and to once again have our hallways filled with students and staff. The government has announced that conditions in Macau are safe for all of us to return to school and I can assure you that we have implemented numerous safety measures that meet or exceed the government’s requirements. You can see the extent of the cleaning, safety and health measures at TIS by clicking here.
A quick reminder:
May 4th – Grade 10, 11 and 12 students resume classes.
May 11th- Grades 7, 8 and 9 students resume classes.
Infant and Primary students – still waiting for an announcement on when classes will resume. Information about “Family Friendly Measures” will come out later this week.
In addition to the above documents, the following items are important to share with you at this time:
- All students who are returning to school must have self-monitored for at least the last 14 days and show no signs or symptoms of the COVID-19 virus.
- All SECONDARY students will complete the government’s ‘Personal Health Declaration’ form everyday and show it to the security guard as you come into the school. This will continue until further notice.
- When classes for infant and primary education are announced, All KINDERGARTEN and PRIMARY students (grades PK to Grade 6) will complete the TIS Health Survey form before returning to school.
- All students, parents and visitors will have their temperature checked before entering the school building.
- Bring your own mask(s) and wear it while you are on campus. We do have a limited number of masks on campus for special situations where a student needs one replaced.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly. It is a good idea to bring some of your own sanitizer, however, the school will have some in every classroom and work space.
- Classrooms have been organized so that students can be situated as far apart as possible.
- Observe “social distancing” during recess breaks, class breaks and lunch time.
- Lunches will be eaten in classrooms and not in the MPR or Tiger Bites cafe area.
- If you are not feeling well during the day while on campus, report to the School Nurse immediately. If someone shows the symptoms of COVID-19, our school response plan will go into effect immediately.
- If you are feeling sick in the morning, stay home and report your illness to the school. We will be reporting absence numbers to the government every day.
- If you have the symptoms of COVID-19 before coming to school, seek immediate medical attention and inform the School as soon as possible.
- There is no loitering for parents or caregivers before or after school. Drop off and pick up times are when parents and caregivers can be on campus without an appointment.
- The dress code for the resumption of classes is the regular school uniform.
- The daily timetables/schedules are the same as before the pandemic, with the following exceptions:
No ECA’s or clubs after school,
No athletics or extra-curricular events,
Additional one hour after school for students to access their teachers.
- The school bus schedule and routes will run as usual starting the week of May 11th.
- For parents, accessing the campus by vehicle will be more limiting than before the pandemic.
TIS Entrance: 7:30-9:30 am & 3:00-6:00pm
Gymnasium Entrance(Near McDonalds) :7:30-9:30 am & 3:00-6:00pm
University Hospital Entrance: All Day
M.U.S.T Entrance:All Day
- Continue to pay close attention to the policies and guidelines of the MSAR Government.
On behalf of our staff, we look forward to having all of you back in the school and finishing this year on a very positive note. Again, if you have any questions please reach out to us and we will help and support as best as we can.
Head of School
- 學生會留在課室午膳，暫時不再前往體育館或Tiger Bites露天座位處午膳。
近澳門國際學校入口開放時間：上午7:30至9:30 及 下午3:00至6:00
科大體育館入口（麥當奴附近）開放時間：上午7:30至9:30 及 下午3:00至6:00