Dear Parents and Students:
We continue to receive the great news that more students can return to their classes. The government has announced official resumption dates for grades 1 to 6 students according to the following schedule:
- Grades 4 to 6 students return Monday, May 25th.
- Grades 1 to 3 students return Monday, June 1st.
- PK, JK, and SK students are still waiting for an official resumption date, but parents may consider applying for the school’s “Family Friendly Measure”; the information and link to the application form is found below.
Please find below some important information about topics related to the resumption of classes and upcoming events:
1. STUDENT REQUIREMENTS
For the safety of all, the following criteria from the MSAR government must be strictly adhered to by all students and families before a child is allowed to return to the school campus. Every student must qualify for at least one of the following conditions:
- If the student is located in Macau, he or she must have been in Macau for at least the 14 days before classes resume, self-managing and showing no symptoms of the COVID-19 virus such as fever, cough or runny nose.
- If the student is located in Zhuhai, he or she must have been there for at least the 14 days before classes resume, self-managing during that time, showing no symptoms of the COVID-19 virus and have been tested for the virus (Nucleic Acid Test). Proof of the test is required when the student arrives at school; please show the receipt to staff upon arrival.
- If the student is located in Zhongshan, he or she must have been there for at least the 14 days before classes resume, self-managing during that time, showing no symptoms of the COVID-19 virus and have been tested for the virus (Nucleic Acid Test). Proof of the test is required when the student arrives at school; please show the receipt to staff upon arrival.
If the student does not meet one of the above criteria, he or she must not return to the school until the criteria is met. Thank you for your attention to this very important matter and please contact the school if you have any questions.
All students in Grades 1 to 6 must complete the school’s health declaration form that mirrors the government’s personal declaration health form. This form will be shared out to families through your child’s homeroom teacher at least one week before classes are to officially resume.
2. PROGRAMMING GUIDELINES FOR CLASS RESUMPTION
- Students will follow the regular school timetable; except for the “Family Friendly Measure”.
- One hour of support time with teachers after school will be offered to students in order to catch up, receive additional academic assistance, and/or enhance their learning;
- No ECA’s, tutoring or other extra-curricular activities will be offered for the remainder of the year;
- Tutoring for inclusive students will continue.
3. SAFETY AND HEALTH MANAGEMENT
As a school, we rely on everyone to be considerate, compassionate and diligent for the benefit of the entire community. We are closely following the guidelines and advice from the MSAR government. The safety measures we have in place are posted on our website here.
Although we are all excited about the resumption of classes, please know that it will be a transition that will present some challenges. The health and safety of our students, staff, parents and visitors is our top priority. Please act with compassion, consideration and kindness towards each other, and remember, we are all in this together.
4. ONLINE TEACHING & LEARNING UPDATE
Our plan is to continue with online learning until the official start date for each grade and division. Once classes officially resume, teachers will need to focus on the classroom instruction and online learning in its present form will not continue. Fortunately, we have few students outside of Macau and so teachers will be able to support them for the remainder of the year in the same way that we support long term absences. Please expect more information about support processes as the official dates draw closer.
5. FAMILY FRIENDLY PROCEDURES
The class resumption guidelines from the MSAR government allow for a ‘Family Friendly’ approach, starting on May 11th. If you missed my last correspondence about this process, here is the link to the application form with the information: Family Friendly Application Form
6. BUS SERVICE
Normal bus service will resume starting on Monday, May 25 for students in grades 4-6 and Monday, June 1st for students in grades 1-3. Kiss ‘N Ride, the designated drop off and pick up area in front of the school, will also be in effect. For enquiries please contact Fiona Wong or Lily Mak at (+853 2853 3700) or firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com .
Please feel free to contact the school with any questions or concerns you may have about the resumption of classes. So far the process has gone very well and we expect this to continue.
It is wonderful having the students back in school and seeing their smiling faces in the hallways and classrooms (we can see their smiles even with face masks on!). The energy in the school feels great.
Head of School
澳門特區政府的復課方針中，允許自5月11日起實施「家庭友好計劃」。若 閣下錯過了早前公佈的澳門國際學校的友好計劃申請，請點擊此鏈結獲取更多資訊：Family Friendly Application Form。
小四至小六校巴服務於5月25日（週一）重開；小一至小三校巴服務由6月1日重開。位於學校正門的Kiss’N Ride車輛接送地點等服務亦將重啟。校外巴士服務請直接向巴士公司查詢，家長亦可致電學校 (+853 2853 3700) 或電郵致黃小姐 (firstname.lastname@example.org) 或麥小姐 ( email@example.com) 查詢。