Thank you for your patience and support as we continue to work through this very difficult coronavirus situation. As time passes, and with uncertainty about when classes will officially resume in Macau, we have to adapt and make changes as best we can. The planning is a collaborative effort between administration, management, and the Board of Directors. It is very difficult to navigate this situation, so we have to prioritize by looking at what is best for the students, staff, and school programming.
We know that these changes will impact your plans and we ask for your understanding and cooperation. Everyone’s circumstances are different, ranging from being somewhere in the world to having been in Macau for the whole time. So much consideration and thought has gone into this planning, thinking about the scenarios from multiple perspectives and even with this plan, things are subject to change as the global situation changes and impacts us locally in Macau.
A significant change for everyone is that the Spring Break will be moved from the end of March, to next week, March 2nd to 6th. All teachers and students will take a break from online learning for the week.
I would like to share with you the rationale for the spring break adjustment:
- We still want to provide a recognized spring break for staff and students.
- The date for the resumption of classes is still unknown and we do not want the spring break, as it is currently scheduled, to possibly interfere with students and teachers being back in classes.
- As a school, we need to be able to provide public assurance to our school community that our staff meet all quarantine requirements and do not have symptoms of the coronavirus before we start back to classes.
- We have to prioritize by looking at what is best for the students, staff, and school programming.
- The DSEJ is now providing us 14 days notice to the resumption of classes.
We have designed a plan to accommodate for the interruption to the school year and I will share more information with parents in the next communication, as the situation continues to evolve.
We greatly appreciate the support and understanding of our parent community.