The International School of Macao is proud to share the latest standardized tests results from 2019.
The Alberta exams are administered annually to all students in Grades 6, 9, and 12. These standardized tests reflect the essentials that all students are expected to achieve, regardless of school choice or location.
The exams help:
- determine if students are learning what they are expected to learn
- report to the school community how well students have achieved standards at given points in their schooling
- assist the school authority in monitoring and improving student learning
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) assesses student work as direct evidence of achievement against the stated goals of the Diploma Programme (DP) courses.
DP assessment procedures measure the extent to which students have mastered advanced academic skills in fulfilling these goals, for example:
- analysing and presenting information
- evaluating and constructing arguments
- solving problems creatively.
Basic skills are also assessed, including:
- retaining knowledge
- understanding key concepts
- applying standard methods.
In addition to academic skills, DP assessment encourages an international outlook and intercultural skills, wherever appropriate.
Student results are determined by performance against set standards, not by each student’s position in the overall rank order.