Elementary library Pre K to Grade 6
The Elementary library is open from 8:00 to 4:00. Students are welcome to exchange books before and after school. They are welcome to use the library to read or study during recesses, with a library pass issued by classroom teachers. The library is open after school for reading, study and computer use. The library staff are happy to help students locate and use resources for study purposes, as well as locating book to meet individual interests.
- Parents are welcome anytime in the library
- Students visit once a week with their class
- Grades 3-6 are able to come to the library anytime at recess
- All students can come after school but students younger than grade 4 should be supervised by a parent or guardian
- We have a large collection of fiction, nonfiction, chinese, picture books, ELL and graphic novels
- Kindergarten can borrow 1-2 books, Grade 1 can borrow 4 books, Grades 2,3,4,5,6 can borrow 6 books
- Parents can borrow 6 books at a time
- Grade 2 – 9 use the Accelerated Reader program (a goals based system) to encourage independent reading
Secondary Library Grade 7 to 12
The Secondary Library is open from 8:00 to 5:00. This library provides areas for students to work individually and meet with peers. Computer and printer access is available at all times and students can book the breakout rooms for projects. The library staff are happy to help students locate and use resources for study purposes, as well as locating books to meet individual interests.
- Parents are welcome anytime
- Students can visit during class, before school, after school or at lunch
- Students have access to electronic resources such as databases and online encyclopedias
- It is a collaborative space where students can work on projects together
- There are many power points and charging stations for students to use their laptops/devices
- Students can borrow 6 books at a time
There is a Parent Shelf in the Primary Library, which has a selection of books related to parenting. Parents may sign up for a library account and are welcome to use both the libraries during opening hours.